Friday, October 2, 2009

A Review from the Husband

Happy Friday!

I hope everyone is planning on having a great weekend! The husband and I are planning on visiting some friends on Saturday, which should be fun.  I always get so excited when Friday comes, but then it feels like you close your eyes and it's Monday already.  I think we've got this all backwards.  We should work for two days and be off for five.  Now that would be wonderful!

I received this in the mail a few days ago.



















The husband loves all things Kashi, so when he saw it, he couldn't wait to dive in!  You can read all about the product here.  The nutritional stats are pretty good, and there's 15g of whole grains per serving.  I told the hubby that it was up to him to give a review of the product and he was more than happy to oblige.  He thought it was funny when I took this picture...
















and wanted to know if I wanted an "action" shot of him eating.  I promptly said no.  Boys....will they ever get it?

He took one bite and he said "this is really good!"  I waited for a few minutes for him to elaborate, but that's all he gave me.  He wanted to know what else readers would want to know, so I asked him to describe the taste, texture and whether or not he would buy it in the store.  The best he could come up with is that it tasted like Honey Smacks (anyone else remember that cereal?)  I took a bite and agreed with him....that's exactly what it tasted like.  The hubby was happy that it was a "good for you"  Honey Smacks tasting cereal.  I think this is something that I'll be buying in the future, when it's on sale. 

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite cereal?

This is a hard one for me because I'm not much of a cereal eater.  In fact, the only cereal I do eat is Fiber One with my oatmeal in the morning.  So I'll go with that. 

Enjoy your weekend!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Ha I love the hubby's review and I agree with him, it does taste like Honey Smacks =)

My favorite cereal???...this is such a bad question to ask me ha

ANY of the Kashi ones.
Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
Fiber one Honey Clusters
Frosted Mini Wheats
COUNT CHOCULA
Corn Pops
Rice Krispies
Fruit Loops
Lucky Charms

I had to pretend I was walking down the cereal aisle so I could remember them all

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that you had to mentally go down the cereal aisle-that's great!! Oh my goodness-count chocula is awesome!!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

I thought the same thing about the cereal! tastes like honey smacks.

I don't cereal very often either, but I used to love:
cinnamon toast crunch
cocoa puffs
cocoa krispies

Allison (Balance in Bites) said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE granola. I don't know if it counts as cereal, but holy crap, I could eat a million boxes of granola.

Other than that, I'd say Cinnamon Life. Mmmmmmmm.....

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

That sounds like a review my husband would give! I like Puffins best, but I can't keep them in the house for that reason!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

The Kashi Go Lean Crunch with honey almonds and flax is actually one of my favorite cereals! I was a fan of Honey Smacks when I was little :) I also like Quaker Oatmeal Squares and Kashi U.

Tra said... Best Blogger Tips

i love kashi glc, good friends, quaker oatmeal squares, barbara's bakery cereals...and post shredded wheat. =D