Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mumbo Gumbo

Am I the only one who's never had gumbo?  Every time I hear that word, I think of the movie Forrest Gump.  Can you believe that movie is 15 years old?  That seems so ridiculous to me! 

On a typical week, you will notice that I usually have some sort of beef dish and some kind of dish with chicken breast.  I wanted to switch it up a little bit this week and use the chicken in a different way.  After doing some searching, I came across this recipe.  It sounded simple enough, and the ingredient list wasn't overwhelming, so I decided that it was going on the meal plan for this week. 

I accidentally  picked up a can of whole tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes, but it still worked out just fine. 
















In my opinion, there was too much broth in the pot, so I drained a lot of it.  This made the meal less soupy and more chili/gumbo-like.  The husband really seemed to enjoy it, but I thought it was a little bland, even after adding some spices.  I'll have to think of another way to make this tastier.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite movie?
There are a ton of movies that I love, but among my favorites are Girl, Interrupted, 50 First Dates and Of Mice and Men.

It's nice to finally see the sun shining!  I hope you can take advantage of the beautiful day!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never had gumbo either- I should get on that soon! I have way too many favorite movies. I loved Dirty Dancing when I was little, Love Actually, Pirates of the Carribean...so many more.

Have a great day!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I never made gumbo lol

My fave movies are
Adventures in Babysitting ( I watched this over 300 times)
Coming To America
Nightmare on Elm Street Series

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh I forgot

Rad and Howard the Duck ha!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

i love gumbo!

Hmmm...favorite movies:
Tommy Boy
7 Brides for 7 Brothers

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never had gumbo either!

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

A few years ago my mom went on a gumbo trip and we have been eating it ever since! I love Breakfast at Tiffany's and wedding crashers!

Allison (Balance in Bites) said... Best Blogger Tips

1. I've never had gumbo either
2. It reminds me of Forrest Gump too, but it also reminds me of Gumby, too.
3. Favorite movies.... hm. Hard Candy with Ellen Paige is pretty great. Kind of messed up, but awesome. And Jurassic Park is definitely in my top 5.