Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mrs. Dash Comes to Dinner

Well hello, cold weather!  When I was walking to work this morning, I kept asking myself why I haven't taken out my winter clothes yet.  For some reason, I am protesting the winter months.  I'm not ready for the cold weather, especially when I feel like we should still be on Fall time!

With the busy weekend that I had, I needed to do something quick and easy with my meal planning this week.  Gina suggested inviting Mrs. Dash over for dinner, so that's what I did!  There weren't many options at the store, so, based on some crossed fingers and some advice, I came home with this.




















Tomato Basil and Garlic

I asked the husband to season the chicken and he complied.
















Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
















And there you have it!

All in all, I thought Mrs. Dash did a nice job with her seasoning.  I'd like to try other types of spices, and see how they compare.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite spice?

I love garlic powder.  I use it on almost everything!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

There is a Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning I've been using on EVERYTHING--I used it last night on Tilapia! SOOOO delicious!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

i use garlic on almost everything, too! So good.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

If I would have known you were a fan of that Seasoning, I would have sent you mine lol... I just tossed it out this weekend =(

I love using Garlic on almost everything =)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

LOL I guess you weren't a fan?

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

McCormick has a roasted Garlic and Herb spice that the BF and I put on practically everything!!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

My current seasoning obsession is cumin. I also put this mesquite smokey spice from Costco on everything.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm a garlic powder fan too. It's amazing on avocados! My favorite spice would have to be cinnamon though.

mikey said... Best Blogger Tips

i was going to say garlic too. garlic and cinnamon go pretty darn fast in my house.