Friday, October 30, 2009

Loafing Around

Well would you look at that-it stopped raining! Finally!

Last night, the hubby and I went to the wedding rehearsal and dinner for my friend Rachel, who is getting married on Saturday. I remember when she first got engaged two years ago...I can't believe how fast the time went by!

Since dinner was at a restaurant last night, I thought I'd make a post about the turkey meatloaf I made earlier in the week.

To make meatloaf healthier, I use extra lean ground turkey and oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs. The oatmeal works as a binding agent for the meat, but it doesn't add as much flavor as breadcrumbs. To compensate, I add tons and tons of spices.


Everything all set to go.

When I am making something, I have to get all the ingredients out ahead of time and set them up. Otherwise, I'd be running all around the kitchen and most likely forget something!

Before mixing.
After mixing everything together, I bake it in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes.

All done.
Question of the Day:
What are your plans for Halloween?
One last thing, being that I'm from Philly and all...
Go Phillies!
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

First....let's go YANKEES! lol

For Halloween, I am working at the gym in the morning and then prob taking my niece and nephew trick or treating and most likely watch scary movies with my sister =)

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

My corporate office is in PA, so every email I get says Go Phillies!

I am going to a party tomorrow in the city and dressing up!

eatmovelove said... Best Blogger Tips

I have to make oatmeal! The last time I made it was with turkey meatloaf too - I also used chopped veggies in the food processor and some egg whites to bind it! I did find a couple of good recipes in the "Eat Clean Diet Cookbook" by Tosca Reno that used oatmeal/or oat bran in one and brown rice for another! Very healthy too.
Hmmm...Halloween, there's a party I'm supposed to go to...but I might be lame and stay in and try to get work done...but then I knoooowww there will be too much sugar and wine involved then too...oi

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I am dressing as Amy Whinehouse, and I am going to a house party, after handing out candy etc. to the kiddies.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I did nothing but work on Halloween. I wish I could just stay in and hand out candy though (I know, I'm a nerd)!

And Go Yankees! Hope you watched the game :) Haha