Monday, October 5, 2009

Healthier Cupcakes and a Food Review

Welcome back to another Monday!


I had such a great weekend. It was nice to catch up with some friends who I haven't seen in a long time. The hubby and I had initially made plans with our friends, Michele and Matt, to have a game night. We thought it would be a great way to catch up and share some laughs. Turns out that we didn't play one game the entire night. We had too much fun reminiscing and laughing until our sides hurt. That is my definition of a successful outing!

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program, I received these beauties to test out















Don't be fooled by the sizes of the loaf....the husband had already begun eating the 12 Grain before I got a chance to snap this picture!

I had to put the whole wheat bread in the freezer because we already had some bread to use up. The husband immediately dub into the 12 Grain bread because it looked so good. We both tried a piece and agreed that it was one of the tastier breads we have had in a long time. I loved how you could taste the grains in each bite, and how soft and fresh the bread tasted. This bread would definitely be something that I would buy again, if it was on sale. It doesn't quite make it into our budget on a regular basis. You can find out more about Nature's Pride here.

On Friday I had a major chocolate craving. Since it is Fall, I decided to be semi-seasonal and make chocolate pumpkin muffins.

I took one box of this



















and 15 oz of this
















mixed them together
















and made these!


















All you need to do is mix the pumpkin with the cake mix (and a little bit of water if the batter is too thick) and bake as directed on the box. It is really that simple!

One of the best things about these cupcakes is that the pumpkin gives the cupcakes a very moist texture. In fact, you can't even taste the pumpkin. Try them out-you'll be amazed!


Question of the Day:
What's your favorite kind of muffin?

I love chocolate anything muffins, although berry muffins aren't too bad either.

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I am going to steal that recipe lol

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

what a great and easy recipe! too bad I don't have any cake mix laying around :)

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh chocolate pumpkin cupcakes?? If only my supermarket's pumpkin shelf wasn't empty!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE when you can taste the grains in bread! I got the Nature's Pride too and can't wait to try it now :)

My favorite muffin would have to be pumpkin.

sam said... Best Blogger Tips

I read your about me, and WOW 70 lbs. amazing. I just started weight watchers last week. i go for my first weigh in tomorrow! eek. did you find it tough in the beginning?

ps those choc pumpkin cupcakes look amazing!