Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Easier the Better

I think that saying applies in most, but certainly not all, situations. When I'm short on time, and I want to have a decent meal, I try to find something that is quick, healthy and delicious.

My mom swears by Perdue oven roasters, so I thought I'd give it a try.



The best part about this is that there is no neck or bag to remove from the insides. All the work is already done for you!

All you have to do is take the chicken out of the bag. You will then see another bag with the chicken and seasonings in it. Cut a slit in the top, put it in the oven and cook until it reaches the desired temperature. I've realized since making this that you really should have a meat thermometer. I don't have one and called my mom in a panic. She told me to cook it for the maximum amount of time listed on the bag. Well duh-why didn't I think of that? Thank goodness my mom is there to make sense when my brain decides to go into panic mode!

I ended up cooking the chicken for about two hours. Getting it out of the bag was a bit of a challenge. I should've let it cool first, but I was anxious!






I asked the husband to cut the skin off of my piece of chicken. I'm sure it tasted amazing, but I didn't want to eat it.

I couldn't believe how fast, easy and delicious the chicken was. It is so moist and tender. You should check it out!



Today is my grandmom's 82nd birthday. Happy birthday, grandmom! I love you!








This picture makes me look really tall, but believe me, I come from a short, Italian family!

Question of the Day:
When is your birthday? How do you celebrate?

Mine is December 13th. I celebrate by going to dinner with the husband and having a family party. Family parties are the best-it's great to have everyone in one place!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday Abuela!!!!!

My birthday is on July 20th and I love spending the day with my mom, sis, and niece. We usually go out to eat and go back to my mother's house and have cake. Then I get to celebrate again the next day at my dad's house ha

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy birthday to your grandmom!

My birthday is Sept. 29th. I like to celebrate with my family too :)

Taste of Beirut said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday to nonna!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

My birthday just passed - it was October 15th. I celebrate by going out for dinner and dancing with friends!

That chicken looks delicious - I love fresh roasted chickens! I used to love the skin so much as a kid, but I haven't had it in years.

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

happy birthday to your grandma :)

mikey said... Best Blogger Tips

how sweet you and your gma. my bday is march 18th. i don't do much celebrating though i love some oven baked chicken!