Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Different Batch of Chili

When I was going over my meal plan for the week, the husband asked if we could have chili again.  He really liked the way I made it a few weeks ago and was in the mood for it.  Even though I had other food ideas swirling around in my head, I decided to make the chili.  The husband rarely requests certain meals and lets me experiment with food until my heart's content, so it wasn't a big deal.
I kept the majority of the recipe the same.  The only thing I did differently was to add two green peppers and an onion.  This will definitely help stretch the meal out for the next few days.  The addition of the vegetables made the chili more filling and also added a distinct taste.  I'd love to experiment with other types of veggies-any suggestions?
















The husband was so excited when he came home and saw this cooking.

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite vegetable?

I'm cheating by saying that I can't pick just one!  Among my favorites are asparagus, broccoli and spaghetti squash.

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh wow, that looks so good! Hmmm that IS hard to pick just 1 veggie--I have so many favorites! Right now I can't get enough roasted brussels sprouts!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks! I wish I could get into brussel sprouts. A friend of mine made them and I loved them....and when I tried to make it on my own, I had no such luck.

Allison (Balance in Bites) said... Best Blogger Tips

That chili looks so good. I love a nice hot cup of chili.

My favorite veggie.... hm. I really dig onions. Red onions. And I used to hate mushrooms, and now they're like, my favorite thing ever.

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks like such a good comfort food! My favorite veggies are sugar snap peas.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm with you-I used to hate tomatoes, and now I can't get enough of them!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum, I love chili too. Good choice husband!

I can't pick a favorite either. Asparagus, butternut squash, and zucchini are some of my favs. I love portobello mushrooms too, and how could I forget pumpkin? There's just too many to choose!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I have to pick just one? I don't think there is one that I won't eat. But I could eat green beans every day. The BF makes fun of me because I eat them straight from the can!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms . . . maybe sweet potato?