Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chilly Kind of Day

Thank you everyone who commented yesterday on my 100th post.  You are all the best!

Since the weather has gotten cooler, I decided to make some chili.  I can't tell you how excited I am for the soups, chili and warm comfort meals that are sure to ensue over the next few months. 

I kept my chili pretty simple. 

It contained:

1.5 pounds of extra lean ground turkey
2 cans of kidney beans, rinsed well
chili powder
2 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes
4 tbsp of tomato paste.

I browned the turkey in a pot, then added the rest of the ingredients and simmered for about a half hour. 

I served the chili over some jambalaya rice, which made it pretty awesome, in my opinion.

















Simmering away




















Jambalaya rice!

This was my first time trying this kind of rice, and it was really good! There was just a hint of spice in it, which complemented the chili.

Question of the Day:
Which would you rather have - chili or soup?

I love soup, but I think I'd rather have chili.  It's more hearty and filling, in my opinion.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm so cold right now and chili sounds so good! I haven't had it since I stopped eating meat but I prefer chili over soup. I'm gonna go find a good veggie chili recipe asap!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I was actually thinking of making chili soon too!

Lindsey @ Sound Eats said... Best Blogger Tips

I live in Florida and it's actually been fairly cool the past couple evenings. Made me crave chili!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh heck yea, I would rather have chili! I am not sure that it is cold enough for chili here, but it has definitely been on my brain for the last week or so. So comforting!

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

You chili looks great! I'm in a real chili mood so I will be making some soon! :)