Monday, October 12, 2009

Celebrations/The Joke's on Me

This weekend I went to my cousin's 14th birthday party.  It seems like yesterday she was turning two and I was holding her in my arms, and now, I see how much she's blossoming  into a beautiful young woman.  I'm very partial to my cousin Allison.  After all, she's the only girl cousin I have on my mom's side!  Us girls have to stick together, especially around all male cousins!

When I posted about my grandmom's soup recipe, my aunt and uncle found out about my food blog.  At Allison's party, I had no qualms taking lots of fun food pictures.

















Baked ziti, anyone?


















Yummy ice cream cake!


















Pumpkin spice cakes.  They were so good!























































Isn't she so cute?

















Me and the birthday girl





















My adorable nephew





















The husband and I

And now for the part about the joke.......

I'm  not sure if any of you have noticed, but I changed the comment setting on my blog so that I have to approve comments before they appear.  This was due to a very rude comment made about my grandmom last week.  Some anonymous user made a comment that made me pretty upset, and so I decided to change the settings.  Turns out that it was my uncle playing a practical joke on me!  Everyone was in on the joke, including grandmom.  On one end of the spectrum, I'm really glad it was a joke, but on the other hand, this means war Uncle Pete!!!

Question of the Day:
Has anyone ever played a practical joke on you?  How do you react?

When I was young, my aunt would call every April Fool's Day with some story about how she fell and hurt herself.  Sometimes I would fall for it, others, not so much.  I usually react by laughing.  No use in getting upset with something that was just a joke anyway!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

8 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

My dad is always playing jokes on me and my older sister.

I remember one time when we were younger he played a joke on my mom and pretended we were robbed lol. He made a mess everywhere and left the door wide open, he even got my grandmother to help ha.

btw that ziti looks delish

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG that is SO funny! Thank goodness it was just a joke--I was thinking WHY would someone be so mean? Definitely means WAR! hehe

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh- that explains why I think I posted 3 times and I didn't even see that comments were being approved!

I don't think I have ever had a serious joke played on me- I would not handle it very well!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

what a fun party! the food looks delicious and your neice and nephew are so cute!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

What a fun birthday celebration!
At my undergrad we had a tradition where one day in the fall, sometime after the first frost, classes were canceled and everyone would climb Tinker Mountain and perform skits and just have fun. You never knew which day it was going to be in advance, but on that day you were woken up at 6AM by the seniors running through the halls banging pots and pans shouting "It's Tinker Day!". Before that day though, there are "Tinker Scares" where the seniors run through the halls saying it's Tinker day in the middle of the night, getting everyone excited and worked up for no reason! :)

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

Sounds like a great party, all the food looks so great, especially that pasta dish!

Naomi said... Best Blogger Tips

fun party and delicious cupcakes!!!

great blog :) glad I found you!!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

All those desserts look yummy - especially the pumpkin spice cakes :) And your cousin is so cute. I hope she had a great birthday!