Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Busy Bee

I don't know about you, but today has been a crazy busy day at my workplace.  I went from looking for things to keep me busy to paperwork overload.  It's amazing how it can be so quiet around here and then in one blink of an eye, five different people come to you at once wanting their work done.  I'm not complaining (or at least not trying to come off that way), but sometimes it can be quite overwhelming!  On the plus side, it certainly makes the day go by faster.

The husband was raving about last night's chicken dinner, and honestly, it was even easier than the chicken cutlet.  All I did was mix some chili powder and some parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup) together.  I dipped the chicken in it and baked until no longer pink inside.  No eggs, no fuss, no mess!

It had a great combination of cheese and spice.  It was so simple and quick to make-you should give it a try!
















Before going into the oven


All done!

I served this with a side of asparagus and a salad.  It'll definitely be on the weekly menu more often!

Question of the Day:
How do you keep yourself from stressing out?

This is a hard question for me because I'm a well-known stressor.  I could stress about stressing out, if given the opportunity.  When I realize that I'm acting this way, I either walk away from the situation for a little while, turn on the Ipod or take some deep breaths.  That seems to work for me!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

did you season the chicken or marinade it????

I honestly unwind watching tv lol...I zone out and just focus on what is on the screen =) I know it is not the BEST form of entertainment but it works for me lol

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Mari,

I mixed the chili and parm on a plate, put the chiken on the dish and turned it to get some on the other side. Hope that helps!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm one of those people who enjoy being busy at work. It seriously makes the day go by 10 times quicker than normal for me! When I do have to destress though, it usually involved watching movies and cooking :)

Hope everything calms down by tomorrow for you!

One Healthy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips

That chicken looks quick and easy to make! Thanks for the tip.

I like to take a walk (when I can) or zone out by reading blogs!

sam said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you Anne for the congrats! Today I am going grocery shopping for some wew friendly foods! wish me luck!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

You're welcome! Good luck, although I'm sure you'll do great!

Meredith said... Best Blogger Tips

Playing with my Pup keeps me from stressing or just handling whatever is bothering me (making the goal, making the plan, saying I'm sorry, etc.). I'm from a long line of stressers so it comes naturally to me.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

I have a hard time keeping from stressing out - I am like you, I stress out about being stressed out. The best way I deal with this is just do get done or get through whatever is stressing me out, so that it is not causing me stress anymore. If I am stressed out about writing a paper for school, I will basically be stressed until it is done.

mikey said... Best Blogger Tips

chicken looks good! sometimes simple is the best :) i'm a huge stressor too. music helps, yoga/walking, getting outside, doing something with my hands, or calling a friend.