Thursday, October 22, 2009

Another Bread Review

Happy Grey Day!  I call Thursday's Grey Day because that's when new Grey's Anatomy episodes are on TV.  I am ridiculously addicted to that show, but I have to admit that I'm not really into this season yet.  The first episode was awesome, but I feel like the last two weeks have been subpar.  Does anyone else like that show?

Remember a few weeks ago when I received the bread from Foodbuzz's Tastemaker Program?  Well, the husband took the whole wheat bread out of the freezer and went through an entire loaf this week.  As for me, I didn't taste one slice, so we'll have to go on what the husband thinks about the bread.
















To be honest, he didn't notice a taste difference between this bread and the store brand whole wheat bread that's usually in the house.  He thought it tasted "okay" and was actually surprised that it was the Nature's Pride sample he tasted.  Apparently he didn't look at it when he made his lunches this week.  He had assumed that it was the store brand bread. 

He said that if he had to choose a favorite, it would definitely be the 12 Grain.  He loved the little grain and seed bits in the bread. 

After my questioning, the first words out of his mouth were "is this going on the blog?"  He knows me too well!

Question of the Day
Are you a "name brand" person when it comes to buying groceries?

I got into a discussion with a few coworkers who were talking about how they had to have Heinz ketchup or Hellman's mayonnaise and it got me thinking about the way I look at labels.  To me, store brand is just as good as the name brand, with very few exceptions.  If the name brand is on sale and ends up being a cheaper choice, than you can bet it's going in my cart! It's all about saving where you can, in my opinion!

Have a great day!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

5 comments:

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm not a name brand grocery shopper at all. I mean there may be a few things I buy for the name and the fact that I prefer it but for the most part I buy the cheapest generic or store brand!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't think I am a brand name person when I buy groceries but I do stick to what I know, mainly because I am scared I won't like something else and I hate to waste money.

I love Grey's! And I also agree that is has been blah. Christina's voice was irking me when she was crying last week!

the season finale last season was amazing though...I could not get the "D'OH" look off of my face lol

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

there are some things that I buy for the brand, but not very many. most things are just as good if the store is a good one.

Life's Too Short to Eat Fat Free Cheese said... Best Blogger Tips

I am absolutely not picky on about brand names 99.8% of food items I buy.

I do make the exception for Heinz ketchup. Generic stuff is kind of nasty and reminds me of the school cafeteria.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Usually I go for the grocery brand . . . except for bread, since all of the grocery brand of that has HFCS! I actually have some Nature's Pride in my fridge right now since it was BOGO :)