Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Veggie Pasta

Here we are at another beautiful, cool Tuesday. The weather has somehow shifted from unbearably hot to breezy and chilly in a matter of days. Is it just me, or has there been no "cool down" from the summer? Usually the weather allows us to ease into the Fall months, but this week has been completely different! I'm a fan of Fall and Spring weather, but I wasn't ready for the cool breeze that hit me when I walked out of my house this morning!

In an effort to eat more vegetables, I decided to do a spin on traditional pasta. I don't know about you, but I'm a red gravy (or sauce, as you may call it) kinda girl. I do like Alfredo sauce once in a while, but growing up, my mom always served our pasta with red gravy. I wanted to try something different, so I came up with a veggie pasta with a balsamic vinegar sauce.

I chopped up some veggies (zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, garlic) and sauteed them in a pan with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Simmering away
Meanwhile, I boiled up some whole wheat pasta. When the pasta was finished I combined the two and served.

This picture is taken with the new digital camera. So far, I'm liking it!
And again....

I'm thinking the next time I make this, I'll dish out the pasta first and then put the veggies on top. The veggies sunk to the bottom when I added everything together. I should have thought about that first, but you live, you learn!
I thought this made for a very refreshing dish. It was pretty light on the sauce, and all in all, I think I'll make this again!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite kind of pasta sauce (or, as you Italians may call it, "gravy"?)

I love my mom's red gravy. It's so delicious, and reminds me of home.

On another note, my dear friend Donna started reading my blog this morning. I am lucky enough to get to work with her, and I know she would appreciate a shout out. Hiiiiiiii Donna!!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

2 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never heard anyone else call it gravy! My family does that too :)

My favorite way to eat pasta is with an olive oily garlic sauce.

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

gravy girl over here too!! i love any gravy with big chunks of tomatoes and peppers!