Friday, September 11, 2009

A New Breakfast Option

Here we are, finally at Friday!  It was a mess getting in to work today.  After I get off of the train, I typically have about a four block walk to work.  I usually don't mind the extra exercise, but today it was really raining, so I hopped on the bus.  Despite the bus ride, I still came into work pretty wet.  Is it raining this hard anywhere else?

I told you yesterday that I used Annie's Mac and Cheese in my casserole, but I completely forgot to mention how it tasted!  Silly me....

I initially wanted to try Annie's because of their ingredients, and their nutritional stats.  You can check them out by visiting their website.  To make their macaroni and cheese, all you have to do is add 1/4 cup of milk.  I was wondering if it would taste different without adding butter, as is usually called for when making Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  I was able to snag a bit of the macaroni and cheese before putting it on top of the casserole.  It was great!! Very cheesy, very creamy and worth every penny.  If I'm ever craving macaroni and cheese again, I'm definitely reaching for Annie's.  They have a few other flavors that I can't wait to get my hands on!

On another note....

For breakfast, I'm an oatmeal kinda girl.  I can't get enough of the stuff, even during the summer.  Imagine my surprise when I went to make breakfast and I didn't want oatmeal.  I wanted something cold and refreshing, so I listened to my body.  I love cereal but it doesn't stay with me for very long (hence the #1 reason why I'm an oatmeal girl!).  I thought about yogurt, but that alone wouldn't satisfy me either.  So, I did what any other person probably would have done.....I mixed the two together and added some blueberries on top.















This is a mix of bran cereal, blueberries, Fiber One and cherry yogurt.  Notice the green monster in the background?  Yup, I'm still drinking them!

While I realize that this doesn't make for the most beautiful breakfast, it sure did hold me over until lunch.  It figures that I think of a new breakfast idea right as the summer is winding down and the colder weather is around the corner.  Oh well, such is life!

Question of the Day
What is your favorite breakfast?

Honestly, mine would probably be scrambled eggs and bacon or a bagel.  Since I only eat them on a rare occasion, I'll go with my oatmeal.  It warms my heart!

Please take a moment in your day to remember those affected by September 11th.  Thank you to all the men and women who serve our country to keep us free. 

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmm I love Annie's Mac & Cheese. The white cheddar shells box is my favorite. Add some spinach and it's the perfect meal!

I'm an oatmeal girl myself. There's just so many different variations you can make, I have yet to tire of it :)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I imagine the white cheddar would be awesome, especially with the spinach! What a great idea!

HealthySDLiving said... Best Blogger Tips

What are you talking about? That breakfast looks awesome! :) I love mixing yogurt and cereal or granola.
My favorite breakfast at the moment is Egg Whites and Turkey Sausage and when I'm not obsessed with that I usually eats cereal with Almond Milk! YUM!

HealthySDLiving said... Best Blogger Tips

What are you talking about? That breakfast looks awesome! :) I love mixing yogurt and cereal or granola.
My favorite breakfast at the moment is Egg Whites and Turkey Sausage and when I'm not obsessed with that I usually eats cereal with Almond Milk! YUM!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww thanks! You are so sweet!!

Almond milk is so good!!

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

if we're going with a fatty breakfast, sausage, egg, and cheese on a sesame bagel!

my healthy alternative is turkey bacon OR turkey sausage, egg whites, on a whole grain english muffin with some hot sauce to give it a little kick!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE eggs/egg whites with hot sauce! So good!!