Monday, September 14, 2009

Mom Rocks Times Two!

I try to keep the thought out of my mind that this time last week, I was off from work. Right now, I could use a nice comfortable bed and some sweet dreams. I can't believe how fast the weekend goes!

You may remember a post I wrote a few months ago about how my mom rocks. Well, over the weekend, she again proved just how awesome she is. She knows about me and the brother's competition, and invited us over for lunch on Saturday. It would have been so much easier for her to serve some hoagies, chips and dessert, but instead, she chose to make a create-your-own salad lunch. She knew that I was taking pictures for the blog, so as she was putting out each dish, she would say "take a picture of this!" or "make sure you get the hummus in the picture!" Seriously, isn't she the greatest?!


















Mom chopping the tomatoes.  I think when she sees this picture, she's going to freak out.  She's not one for the spotlight, but she deserves it.

There was so much food, and I was so happy that she took the time to make sure there were healthy options readily available.















The create-your-own salad contained options of:

Salad (obviously!)
Croutons
Shrimp
Crackers
Hummus (Sabra's roasted red pepper, which is my favorite!)
Cheese
Tomatoes
Hard boiled eggs
Three kinds of dressings

It was awesome!





























Half of the salad bar
































The other side
















There's the hummus!

Thanks again for having the family over for lunch, mom! It was so much fun!

Question of the Day:
When it comes to your healthy lifestyle, are your family/friends supportive?

Generally, my family is super supportive. When I reached my goal weight, many of my family members thought I was too thin told me I needed to gain weight. I struggled with this because I was never at a "normal" weight growing up. When I reached a healthy weight (according to my doctor), a lot of family members didn't know what to make of it!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Until next time!

~Anne Marie


3 comments:

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

what a great salad bar!

my family is better now that it's been a few years. it was tough at first when I was trying to change and no one else really was, but they've been pretty good about it.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww your Mom is too sweet.

A salad bar is such a great lunch idea. I always wanted to have a sleepover where I set up an oatmeal bar for breakfast, including every topping imaginable!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

An oatmeal bar sounds like so much fun! I love that idea!