Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mini Food!

I don't know about you, but I love when food looks fun.  For some reason, it's more appetizing for me.  I haven't quite figured out why I love fun food so much, I just do!

For dinner this week I decided to make an old favorite of mine, mini meatloaf muffins.  They are great for portion control, which is always a plus in my book!  I remember making them all the time when I first started Weight Watchers, but somehow, with the addition of new recipes, I forgot about them for awhile. 

This recipe is pretty standard.  I used:

1 pound extra lean ground turkey (next time I'll probably us 1.5 pounds....these muffins were very mini!)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 squirt of ketchup
1 egg white
dash of basil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder

Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.  Combine all ingredients and mix well.  I use my hands to really mix it up, but I guess you could use a spoon if you wanted.  Shape the mixture into a ball and put it in the muffin pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.





























See?  Aren't they cute?

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.  For some reason, work is so busy today.  Next week I start back with my classes, so I'll be sure to have a full schedule ahead of me.

Question of the Day:
What's your go-to recipe?

I know my friend Gina will tell me that it's BBQ chicken because I make that a lot, so I'm going with that answer. 

7 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I got so caught up in making new recipes, I can't even think of anything I made often. I like making new things :) I think this summer Portobello Mushroom burgers have been the most common dinner at my house though.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Mushroom burgers sounds so good! I've wanted to make them, but I've never tried!

HealthySDLiving said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE foods that look fun too!
My go-to recipe is probably my sloppy joe's--SO good!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh those look so good. I remember Tara making them on BL last season.

I think one of my go-to meals are Paninis. They are so quick and easy to make and you can make so many different ones. From Banana and PB to A Meatless Philly Cheese Steak.

mikey said... Best Blogger Tips

i love meatloaf. i will have to try these!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

My go to recipe is definitely stir fry. I made beef stir fry about 2 weeks ago, and even though it was incredibly spicy, it was heaven. Love sauteed peppers and onions!!

jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

those mini-meatloaves are too cute! i've made a version of that recipe before, using the same technique, and it's great because each mini-loaf gets nice and crispy!

go-to meal? probably some kind of veggie pasta with penne. it's easy, healthy and ultimately satisfying!