Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mac and Cheese Please!

Lately I have been having a pretty intense craving for macaroni and cheese.  I didn't want to have an entire box of macaroni and cheese to myself, so I searched for a somewhat healthy recipe that would do the trick.  What I found was Cheesy Mac-Topped Casserole.  I opted to use extra lean ground turkey, and Annie's organic Macaroni and Cheese.  I had never tried Annie's brand before, but since the nutritional stats are better and they were on sale, I snagged a box to try.

































Cooking away before going into the casserole dish





























Out of the oven















Close up shot

All in all, I really liked this meal. My only gripe is that it isn't super filling, so the next time I make it, I think I'll add in some more vegetables. It definitely satisfied my craving for mac and cheese, so I'm very happy about that!
My brother and I are writing the rules of the competition out and they should be finalized by today. Because this competition seems like it's going to get fierce, I decided to optimize my workout schedule and do Level 1 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. After not doing it for a while, I have to say that Level 1 was tough!

Question of the Day

What craving hits you the hardest?

For me, it's definitely peanut butter. I could go through an entire jar in two days, no lie. I may have even done that on a few occasions.....hehe

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

7 comments:

Annie's said... Best Blogger Tips

The Casserole looks fantastic, what a great idea!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you so much!

Johanna B said... Best Blogger Tips

Your casserole looks delish. I've never tried Annie's but I bought some at WF last time I was there. The craving that hits me worst is definitely chocolate. Fortunately I'm at a point where a small piece satisfies.

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) said... Best Blogger Tips

Cravings for baked goods hit me hard!

I've never tried Annie's Mac and Cheese, but I'll keep my eye out for it!

Lele said... Best Blogger Tips

Green beans and tomatoes always look so beautiful cooking together! And the taste is great too, obvi.

I get tons upon tons of food cravings-- I am basically like a non-pregnant pregnant woman. Sometimes it's for hot food, sometimes it's for cold food, sometimes it's for a particular texture. And often it's for carby carby baked goods goodness.

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Peanut butter cravings hit me hard too. 2 days? I can go through a jar in one night! It's bad!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Allison,

This was my first time trying Annie's, and it was awesome!! Much better than Kraft, in my opinion.

Christina,

2 days if I'm restraining myself! haha