Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Lovely Side

Last week my friend Gina recommended a side dish to me.  Her family loves it, so she graciously passed along the recipe to me. 

As soon as this came out of the oven I had to try it.  It was very tasty.  It reminded me of something that you'd serve as a side dish on Thanksgiving.  The husband isn't usually a fan of cooked broccoli, but he gobbled this down pretty fast.  My guess is that the sour cream, cheese and onion soup mix added a nice flavor and masked the broccoli a little bit.

Broccoli Casserole
2 20oz bags of broccoli, thawed
2 cups fat free sour cream
1 envelope of onion soup mix
3/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients except the cheese together and pour in a greased 9x13 pan.  Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. 































Close up of the cheese!

When the husband saw this coming out of the oven, his immediate response was  "woah, you're making side dishes now?"  Silly, silly boys.

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite vegetable?

Mine is broccoli-I can't get enough of the stuff!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Thursday!! I can't wait for Grey's Anatomy season premier tonight!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks easy - and delicious.

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

wow that looka yummy! and easy enough to make

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

That is definitely going in my recipe box! I don't know that I could pick a favorite veggie. I love them all!! Prosciutto wrapped asparagus is pretty high up on the list.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, ladies! I love prosciutto! It's awesome!

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

I love broccoli too! & broccoli rabe ... I can eat 'em everyday!!!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmmm broccoli with cheese is SO good! My fav veggie is asparagus :)