Monday, September 28, 2009

It's Just Another Manic Monday....

...wish it were Sunday.....

Yeah, to say it's been a complete crazy mess at work is an understatement.  Nothing beats coming in on a Monday to e-mail projects and staff meetings.  Oh well, at least it makes the day go by fast, right?

On Friday, the hubby had a job interview for a part-time job.  While I was waiting for him to come home, I tried my hand at making homemade almond butter.  In addition to my love for peanut butter, I have an even fonder love of all things almond butter.  I don't like that it's so expensive, but I can't get enough of the taste. 

I was reading up on how to make almond butter and it didn't seem so hard.  All you need is almonds, and oven, a food processor and possibly a little oil.  I had everything except the food processor.  I decided to try to make almond butter using my Oster blender, which really wasn't the best idea.  I seriously have to invest in a food processor!

All I did to make the almond butter was roast the almonds for about 10 minutes.  I popped them into the blender (a little bit at a time) and hit the on button.  I had to add a little bit of oil, which I wasn't too happy about.  I've seen people make it in a food processor, and the natural oil from the almonds is enough so that you don't have to add any extra oil.

All in all, I was impressed with the fact that in about a half hour or so, I had homemade almond butter.  I don't think I'll attempt making it again until I invest in a food processor.
















After the almonds were roasted



















We're almost there!

















All done!

Question of the Day

Almond butter or peanut butter?  You decide.

Almond butter all the way.  I just can't help myself!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

4 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the PB but every so often I crave TJ's Almond Butter...like right now ha

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm actually fonder of peanut butter, although I wouldn't say no to some homemade almond butter! :)

randomlymikey said... Best Blogger Tips

i would like to send you a little surprise. if you don't mind contact me at telltalemikey@yahoo.com
almond butter=love :)

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I love almond butter! I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive.