Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Love a Good Challenge

If you've been reading my blog for a little while, you'll remember that I have been having a hard time losing the ten pounds that I have gained since trying a vegetarian diet. I've tried going back to counting points and following Intuitive Eating, but the progress has been slow/non-existent. Yesterday I received a phone call from my older brother. He was talking to me about how he wants to lose 15 pounds but feels unmotivated to do so.

Enter in sibling competition.......

Since we are both lacking in the motivation department, I suggested that we have a healthy competition. Even though we haven't ironed out all of the rules out yet, what we do know is that by an agreed upon day, we have to lose a certain percentage of body weight. We are doing it this way because men tend to lose weight faster than women. By the time the challenge is over, whoever loses the most percent (or reaches their percentage goal) wins. The loser has to do something that the winner loves. I suggested that if I win, he has to get a pedicure with me, and he suggested that if he wins, I have to watch the Star Wars Trilogy with him. Am I the only one who doesn't like Star Wars? That movie does nothing for me. We both think that we can think of better "prizes", but as of right now, those are the tentative rules.

We are supposed to iron out the details today, and I'm really excited. I know my brother has been struggling with his weight like I have, and this will be a great solution to get us motivated.

I'll keep you updated on my progress. This should be fun!

Is it sad that it's only 8:45 a.m. and I am already excited about tonight's dinner? I made Foil-Pack Chicken Fajita Dinner from Kraft's website. I really love that their recipes are so versatile and so delicious!
Instead of using tin foil, I put everything in a casserole dish. I also increased the baking time since I used brown rice instead of white rice.















Before going into the oven
















After cooking.  If you notice, Myrtle was nosey.  He wanted to see what was going on.

It looks so tasty and the best part is that you don't have to precook anything! The rice and chicken cook together in the oven. What could be easier?

Question of the Day:

What motivates you?

What motivates me is staying in good health. I know that I never want to be where I was 70 pounds ago. I feel better when I take steps to care about my body.

Just for fun, I thought I'd post a picture from a few years ago of me and my brothers. The one who I am competing against is in the middle.



















Until next time!
~Anne Marie

3 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

The challenge is such a great idea and sounds like fun! I'm not too big of a star wars fan either. Good luck!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck with your competition! It will totally motivate you :)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much!