Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cordon Bleu? Don't Mind if I Do!

Are we at Wednesday already?  It seems that as soon as I start taking classes, the days start to run together.  I'm starting to get the hang of this class, although the upcoming assignments are looking rather complicated.  At least I have the blog as a creative outlet when things get crazy!

This is one of those lightened up recipes that I used to make all the time but haven't made in about a year. It's basically a lightened up version of Chicken Cordon Bleu.  For all of you Weight Watchers out there, you may remember this as "Laughing Cow Chicken."  This recipe is very quick and easy, which means it's right up my alley!

Recipe:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 wedges of light Laughing Cow Cheese (I used the french onion flavor, but you can use whatever kind you want)
8 slices of extra lean ham (I used the kind you buy in a tub-about 60 calories for 2 ounces)
breadcrumbs
non-stick cooking spray
toothpicks

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a pan with non stick cooking spray.   Place one wedge of cheese and two slices of ham on top of each chicken breast and roll jellyroll style. Secure with toothpicks.  Place seam side down in pan.  Spray chicken with non-stick spray and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until done.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Before going into the oven
 
 

 

After baking


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Close up
 
Question of the Day:
Do you listen to music when you cook?
 
I usually do! I love to cook and I love music, so why not combine the two?
 
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

6 comments:

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

I love to put on some classic oldies and rock out! The BF doesn't like oldies so I usually play them when he isn't around, so when I cook and clean!

Dawn Dishes It Out said... Best Blogger Tips

Love listening to music when I cook. My hubby bought me Sirius radio for the house ... I usually pop on the Coffee House station. They play great acoustic versions of all different types of music! The only downside ... I always feel like a glass of wine when I listen to it! I guess it could be worse!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Dawn,

That sounds like such a fun station! You're right, it definitely could be worse!

peanutbutterbliss said... Best Blogger Tips

I love listening to michael buble or frank sinatra when I am cooking. Such an old lady at heart :)

awesome chicken girlie!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad you're getting settled into class!

I don't listen to music when I cook. I usually only listen to it in the car. Occasionally I'll put some on while cleaning though.

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum, love this!

Yep I love listening to music while I cook--I just put on Pandora and get a little 80s mix going! lol