Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Christmas Pasta

Happy Wednesday!  Here we are in the middle of the week! 

I know we aren't particularly close to the Christmas holiday, but when I put all the ingredients together, it looked like Christmas in a dish. 

I started by cutting up a pepper and zucchini and sauteing them in a pan.  While that was going, I started cooking a box of whole wheat pasta.  Once the pasta was drained, I mixed the veggies, pasta and gravy (or marinara sauce, as you may call it) together and put it in a 9x13 pan.  I also threw in a can of rinsed garbanzo beans for the fullness factor.  I topped the pasta with one cup of 2% shredded mozzarella cheese and baked it until the cheese melted - about 10 minutes. 



























Starting to get the Christmas feel, don't you think?
















The husband was raving about this pasta.  I thought it tasted pretty good and with the veggies and beans, it definitely kept me full.

Has anyone else been watching the show More to Love?  Last night was the season finale.  Oddly enough, this is the only reality show that I've watched from start to finish.  I think part of me was so intrigued because I used to be one of those girls who had "more to love."  Although I liked the series, I wasn't thrilled with how their weight was broadcasted in the first episode.  Other than that though, I was very happy with the show.  I really liked Luke, and I was super happy that he picked Tali. 

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite TV show?

I love Grey's Anatomy.  It's probably the only show that I really keep up with.  Back in the day, though, I was such a Full House girl.  I still love catching old episodes of it on TV!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

11 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never seen More to Love. It sounds interesting though! I would say Top Chef, Lost, and Desperate Housewives are my top 3 shows.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been getting into Lost over the past few months. It's an interesting series!

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

True Blood all the way! :)

HealthySDLiving said... Best Blogger Tips

Dinner look delicious!
I have soo many favorite shows but Lost and Grey's Anatomy are up there!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

great looking dinner! I love pasta bakes.

i Love the Office and Lost and can't wait for both of them!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey! this is the first time I am on your blog and WOW 70 LBS! great job =)

I also lost 80 lbs using Weight Watchers =)

seesaraheat said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for the comment on my blog girl! Christmas will be here before we know it, even though right now it still seems a far way off ;-)

My favorite show...I'm not sure anymore. I used to watch a lot but I've cut back so much and I watch some things here and there but nothing is really a favorite. I like most of the HBO shows though if that helps.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

You're welcome!! You're right about Christmas-it always seems to sneak up on me!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

That pasta looks yummy! I've never seen More to Love, but I've heard about it . . . it seems like it just started, right? I like law shows like Law & Order and The Closer. My favorite reality show might be The Biggest Loser. Picking favorites is always so hard!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

Hands down my favorite show is Biggest Loser. I am completely addicted and this season is going to be really emotional!

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

Do you have a calorie count or break down of how many carbs/protein is in your pasta bake? I am making it for friends tomorrow night, and was curious. Thanks!