Friday, September 18, 2009

Chobani and Peppers

Original blog title, right?  I sat here trying to think of something clever and that's all I could come up with. 

I have been seeing Chobani Greek Yogurt all over the place......both on food blogs as well as in the supermarket.  They are a little bit too expensive for me ($1.39 for one), but when I saw they were on sale this week (for $1.00 apiece), I couldn't resist buying a couple to try.  According to their website, Chobani is great because they are:
  • All natural. No preservatives. No artificial flavors.
  • No synthetic growth hormones: No rBST-treated milk.
  • Includes 5 live & active cultures, including 3 probiotics.
  • Made with real fruit.
  • Twice the protein of regular yogurts.
  • A good source of bone-building calcium.
  • Gluten-Free and Kosher-Certified.
  • Safe for people with corn, nut and soy allergies.
I was pretty impressed after reading that, so I was hopeful about how Chobani would taste.  To be fair, I bought with the non-fat plain flavor.  I figured why not start at the beginning before jumping into the flavored type? 
















First I tried it by itself, and it reminded me of plain yogurt but with a stronger, almost sour, taste.  Initially, I wasn't too thrilled, but that's probably because it was plain.  I ended up mixing it with some cereal, and found that it tasted better when it was mixed with something.  I am not ruling out Chobani yet, but I may be through with the plain flavor.  On the bright side, it was very thick and creamy, which I appreciated.  My hope is that the flavored yogurts will taste....well....more flavorful.

I love homegrown produce.  There's something about it that makes my mouth water.  You can imagine my surprise and utter happiness when my friend Donna came into work and brought me these beauties from her garden:
















Yay for peppers!

She told me the smaller ones were hot, and boy are they ever!  Thanks again for the peppers, Donna, they taste amazing!

One final note......

I received this from Christina over at Christina Butter yesterday, and I was really touched. 












This is my first blog award-thank you so much, Christina! I can't tell you enough how much I enjoy reading your blog! 

The award is supposed to be passed on to 15 of my favorite bloggers, so here we go:

1.  Roni's Weigh

2.  Green Lite Bites

3.  Christina Butter

4.  Bran Appetit

5.  Two Peas and Their Pod

6.  Never Say Never

7.  Pursuing Balance

8.  Yoga Is Yummy

9.  Run Eat Repeat

10.  On a Lobster Placemat

11.  Hangry Pants

12.  Kath Eats Real Food

13.  Healthy Tipping Point

14.  The Inner Workings of a College Graduate

15.  Healthy San Diego Living

All of these amazing women have blogs that you should check out!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite kind of yogurt (flavor or brand)?

I don't have a favorite brand, but my favorite flavors include cherry cheesecake, vanilla and peach!

I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

9 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Cherry cheesecake yogurt sounds amazing! I love anything cheesecake flavored (ice cream in particular!). I usually just buy plain yogurt though and add in my own stuff. Almonds and chocolate chips is my fav combo!

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

yeah, I just recently got chobani to try and love it. the texture is awesome, but I wish they sold it here.

aw, thanks for the award!!!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

You're welcome!

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Right now I am hooked on Oikos Honey Greek Yogurt! it makes my belly smile =)

Samantha~ said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the award chica!! I haven't been blogging for long, but now that I have people commenting on my blogs, it motivates me even more to keep going!!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

I STILL have not tried Chobani! I've been searching for it EVERYWHERE and have had absolutely no luck!
My favorite flavor of any other yogurt though is Peach!

Thank you SO much for the award! :)

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

Great blog! When I first saw the post I thought you mixed chobani and peppers. I thought...yikes! Haha. Keep it up! :)

jessica said... Best Blogger Tips

the strawberry chobani is awesome! the blueberry is pretty good, too. if you have the plain, try mixing in some fresh fruit. the consistency of chobani is my favorite thing; i bump up the flavor with what i mix in.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww thanks for the award!!!!! :) I think choosing a blog title is seriously the hardest part about writing a blog.