Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Baking Again

I don't know what it is, but I've been in the mood to bake. There's something about baking that I love. Maybe it's the sweet smell when something is in the oven, or knowing that baked goods usually make any bad day better. Whatever it is, baking is something I love!!


Even though I prefer it to cooking, I rarely bake. I think of cooking as a necessity. If you don't cook, you can't eat. Baking is an extra. It's something fun to do, but not absolutely necessary. Plus, if I had a ton of baked goods hanging around the house, it would definitely be a bad situation for me!

Since I was in the mood for banana bread and happened to have a few extra ripe bananas lying around, I thought I'd make some. I pretty much followed this recipe except I added a small box of raisins instead of the chocolate chips (although I've made it with chocolate chips before, and it is delicious!)

The husband was out while I was baking, and when he came home, the first thing he commented on was how good the house smelled. I think he wants me to bake more often too.
















All mixed up and ready to be baked
















It's done!















A look inside

Of course I had to try some.  I think I may have baked it a little longer than I needed to because the outer part of the bread was a little hard.  The inside was perfect, though!

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite thing to bake?

I love baking sweet breads and cupcakes.  I'd love to make more things from scratch, but I'm always afraid of making something completely inedible!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

4 comments:

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) said... Best Blogger Tips

I made banana bread today too!!!!! How funny! Unfortunately it's not for me -- my club is selling it at our school's Farmers Market tomorrow. It smells delicious though!

Samantha said... Best Blogger Tips

Banana bread by far is my favorite thing to bake, although since I have moved into my duplex, I just can't get it to bake the same as when I use my mom's oven. I'm gonna have to try this recipe!

Bec said... Best Blogger Tips

i love baking and banana bread :)

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmmmm I can almost smell your banana bread. I want some! I bake muffins a lot but never breads.