Friday, September 4, 2009

Another Twist on Pasta Casserole and Anniversary Cake

If you are reading this right now, it means that I successfully scheduled a new blog post for today.  By the time you read this, either I'm still at home waiting to go out to Maggiano's, or I'm enjoying their wonderful meals.

On Saturday, the husband and I are going back to the place where we had our reception and staying the night.  As part of our wedding package, they gave us a completely free room with dinner and breakfast the next day.  Wasn't that sweet?  Honestly, I told the husband that I'm excited about tasting the wedding cake again.  The top tier has been in our freezer for a year now, and as tradition says, you're supposed to eat the cake on your first anniversary.  Every time I open the freezer, I'm greeted with the lovely foil-wrapped cake that I can remember tasting so yummy on our wedding day.  Hopefully this cake will live up to my expectations.  I've heard some not so good things about cake in the freezer.  We'll see how it goes!
Our wedding cake!

I did a little altering of my basic ziti recipe.  This time I took a can of white beans and mixed them in with cooked whole wheat pasta and topped it with cheese.  I didn't add ricotta cheese, and I didn't miss it at all!  I figured the beans would give added fiber plus protein, so it's a win/win situation in my book!
Pretty, aren't they?
Before baking
Out of the oven
Question of the day:
What's your favorite kind of cake?

I'm a sucker for pretty much any kind of cake, but my favorite is chocolate!

Happy Friday!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

2 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm a carrot cake kind of girl :)

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

i like party cake!!