Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Anniversary Dinner

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! It's back to work for me today, which is never any fun! As part of celebrating our anniversary, the husband and I went to Maggiano's. They have some of the best Italian food I have ever tasted. You can order family style or single dishes. Either way, you are in for a real treat! I promised to take some pictures, but I'm going to warn you that they aren't the best. I forgot about my "food picture" setting at the restaurant until the dessert. Go figure.
















At our house before leaving for Maggiano's.

I ordered the Shrimp and Angel Hair al' Arrabbita. The menu said this: "Angel hair pasta tossed with a blend of our Diavolo sauce with sautéed shrimp, roasted garlic and crushed red pepper." It was really delicious. Since their half portions are so generous (we're talking a half pound of pasta here!), I gave a lot of it to the husband. He ordered Mom's Lasagna with Meat Sauce. I had one bite and was in Heaven.





























Shrimp and Angel Hair al' Arrabbita.  Hello flash!















Dan's Lasagna

When our waiter came back and asked us if we wanted dessert we both said no.  We were stuffed from eating so much food! As we were waiting for our check, our waiter came out with this














This was when I remembered the food setting on my camera.

Vera's Lemon Cookies. They were crescent shaped lemon cookies with lemon frosting. Typically, I'm not a fan of lemon flavored things, but this was a perfect balance of lemon and sweetness.

I'm sure you were wondering how the cake tasted. The husband cut our cake in half to save it for our second anniversary. Despite being in our freezer for a year, it was very easy to cut. We had heard horror stories about year old cake and how gross it is, but ours was awesome. Our cake came from a local shop Bredenbeck's Bakery. If you ever get the chance to stop in their bakery, you should. How awesome was our cake? We ate the entire half we brought with us. Yeah, that's right.



















A peek inside

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite restaurant?


This is a really hard question for me, as I love all types of restaurants for all different reasons. I'd have to say that right now, Maggiano's would be one of the top choices on my list. You can't beat good old-fashioned Italian food!!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie


2 comments:

Donna said... Best Blogger Tips

You posted some really nice pictures of the two of you! Happy Anniversary!! I am glad you enjoyed your special day!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww thanks Donna!! You are so sweet!