Saturday, September 12, 2009

And I Ran, I Ran So Far Away....

Yeah, I'll probably have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.  I apologize in advance if I got it stuck in your head too!

Since starting the competition with my brother, I've tried to increase my exercise routine.  I have come to realize that I don't think it's the food that's causing me to keep on these last ten pounds, it's my lackluster effort at working out.  I made a promise to myself to do Jillian Michael's Shred routine on the days when I don't go to the gym and to rest on the weekends. 

I needed to find a way to maximize my routine at the gym.  I do mainly cardio with a little bit of weights.  To vary up my routine a little bit, I decided to try the Couch to 5K Program.  For those of you who don't know what it is, it basically trains you to run a 5K race in a couple of months. 

I was never a runner or interested in running until I lost weight.  I've gotten out of running for awhile, and now I feel like it's time to get back into it.  Having never trained myself on how to run, I typically would try to run for about 10 minutes on the treadmill before I walked again.  Although 10 minutes may not seem like a long time, for me, it was like running for 30 minutes.  I decided to try this program and see how it goes.  After all, what have I got to lose?

Question of the Day
Have you ever tried the Couch to 5K Program? 

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!  I'm heading out to lunch at mom's.  It should be a good time!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

0 comments: