Monday, September 7, 2009

Aldi's

Hello everyone!

I hope you are enjoying your Monday.  I promised to do a post on Aldi's supermarket a little while back, and I figure now is as good of a time as ever.

For those of you who have never heard of Aldi's, the best way to describe it is as a non-brand supermarket.  They have everything from meats, to fruits and veggies, to their brand of fiber one bars.  Nothing there is name brand, and because of that, the prices of their groceries are very cheap.  I'm talking about $0.45 for a can of beans, or $0.85 for a boxed cake mix. 

When you first get to the supermarket, you have to pay a quarter to get a cart.  When you return it, you get your quarter back, so it's not really that big of a deal.  You also have to bring your own bags (or you can buy theirs).  If you are looking for organic fruits or grass-fed meats, this is not the place to go.  However, if there are canned items, frozen veggies or pasta that you need, definitely check out Aldi's for some amazing deals.

Since their prices are so low, I make it a point to visit them whenever I go grocery shopping.  I can't get everything I need there, so I have to go to Shop Rite to finish out my order.  Even though going to two stores isn't the most convenient, the savings alone makes it worth the trip.  I have saved at least $30-60 per week on my grocery shopping because of Aldi's.

Check out all of these groceries















Believe it or not, all of these groceries only cost me about $63.00.
Question of the Day
Where do you do most of your food shopping?
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

0 comments: