Wednesday, September 30, 2009

100th Post!

When I signed into blogger today, it informed me that this was my 100th post.  I'm pretty darn excited about that! I never thought that I'd have that much to talk about, let alone talk about things people were interested in.  I have to say that it's been really fun keeping up the blog.  Thank you to all of you who read or comment on the posts.  It really means a lot to me.

Onto other things....

When I lived at home, one of my favorite meals was my mom's chicken cutlet.  My mom used to cook on a bi-weekly menu plan.  One week it was chicken cutlet, pasta and ham and the next week it was chicken parm, meatloaf and pork chops (or some sort of variation).  I always knew what we were having on any given day. 

When I was planning out my meals for the week, I realized that I haven't made chicken cutlet since I got married.  How lame-it's such an easy dish to make!

I took two egg whites and beat them in a dish.  I also added some garlic powder for flavor.  In a separate dish I put about a half a cup of seasoned breadcrumbs.  Place the chicken in the egg whites and then in the breadcrumbs.  Place chicken in a baking dish, and bake until done.  You could fry them in oil, but I opted for a healthier version.

Seriously, it's that simple. 

The result?






























I hope you are all enjoying your Wednesday.  I, for one, am happy that we are halfway through this week!

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite comfort meal?
There are so many wonderful answers to this question.  I love mac and cheese, my mom's chicken and broccoli casserole and my grandmom's homemade green spaghetti. Lots of food brings me comfort!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

10 comments:

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Blogging has become one of my favorite pass times lol

Contgrats on your 100TH!

Comfort Foods:
My mom's rice pudding
My Meatloaf
Mom's Dominican Cuisine
Mac and Cheese with hotdogs
My sister's Green Bean Casserole
Oh and Chips and Ice cream ha

Mari said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats*

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Mari!

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

congrats!! you're doing great with ur blog!

i would have to say my favorite comfort food is a side dish...my dad's homemade mashed potatoes. he makes homemade mashed potatoes throughout the year, BUT his amazingly good ones (aka very fattening)are made during thanksgiving and christmas!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww thanks, Gina! You're the best!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations on your 100th Post!!! :)

brandi said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your 100th post!!!

Favorite comfort foods:
My mom's chicken casserole or bubble up pizza

Family recipe fudge pie that we only get Thanksgiving and Christmas

Husband's mom's sweet potato biscuits at the holidays

Allison (Balance in Bites) said... Best Blogger Tips

Hmmmm....comfort foods. I really love a huge chicken salad sandwich on multigrain bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, dijon, and cheddar and swiss cheese. LOTS of cheese.

Weird, I know. It just makes me feel really good inside. =P

Nice post count, btw!

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your 100th post!

My favorite comfort food is a cream cheese and jelly sandwich. I have many memories of my grandfather making them for me for breakfast when I was little. Simple but delicious!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your 100th post! It was my 100th yesterday :-)

My comfort foods are:
- Soup (any kind)... it is the only thing I want when I am sick/ stressed etc.
- Mac and cheese