Thursday, August 20, 2009

Workout Music

Here we are - almost at the end of the week! This week practically flew by for me. I don't know about you, but I can't remember time passing by so quickly when I was in school. I thought grade school lasted FOREVER!! The older I get, the faster time flies!

I know I usually blog about food, but today I decided to talk about exercise. From a personal standpoint, I find I function better if I work out in the mornings. This has worked for me for two reasons:

1. It gets my exercise out of the way before I really start my day

2. It's awesome to walk into a gym and not have to wait for a machine

The cons? I don't particularly enjoy getting up at 4:20 to go to the gym. Once I get past the exhausted feeling, I'm usually good to go. It definitely helps getting a solid night's rest the night before.

While at the gym, I try to split my time between cardio and weights. Weights are a new thing for me, but I am incorporating them more and more, and I am actually finding it enjoyable!

One of the major motivators for me to work out is music. I created a few playlists on iTunes, but after hearing them over and over, it gets boring! While perusing other blogs, I found out that Jillian Michaels does a weekly podcast on KFI radio. Nothing beats free advice from Jillian! Plus, her podcasts are over an hour long, and I find them so darn interesting! It is very distracting for me when I'm working out, which is such a good thing. I can tune into what she's saying and tune out the timer on the cardio machine.

The bad news? Jillian recently gave up doing the radio show. With that being said, there are podcasts available from January through mid-July, so that's a ton of hours and good advice to listen to! Interested in downloading it? Here are the instructions.

I guess this leads me to the question of the day:

Question of the Day:

What do you listen to when you work out?

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

0 comments: