Monday, August 24, 2009

Pizza on the Brain

If there's one thing that I love almost as much as my grandmom's homemade green spaghetti, it's pizza. Although I'm not terribly particular about where I get it from, one thing's for sure-it has to be piping hot and very cheesy. If it doesn't have a lot of grease dripping off of it, that's definitely a plus!

Admittedly, I haven't had takeout pizza in over a year. Why? Well, simple! I make it myself. The best part is that I don't miss the greasy, overly cheesy and calorie-laden pizza at all. I much prefer knowing what goes into my pizza, and honestly, I think it tastes better because I know what's in it.

The first time I made my own homemade dough, I was really proud of my results. Even though I loved the recipe, I wanted to try something knew.

If at all possible, I found another very easy, very tasty (and pretty low calorie) recipe for pizza dough. The only modification I made was that I used all whole wheat dough instead of the all purpose flour. Thanks so much for the recipe, Jenna!

The best part about this recipe is that you can freeze half of the dough. Two pizzas for the work of one? Yes, please! No lie, I have been making this pizza once a week. The husband and I both love it, and it works for the weekends.



This is not the best looking dough, but it was right out of the freezer.

Out of the oven

Cheesy-ness!!
Question of the Day:
What is your favorite pizza topping?
When I was younger, I loved pepperoni on my pizza. Now, I'm more of a cheese kinda girl.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

2 comments:

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

lol i loved the, "yes, please!" i love pepperoni, but i'm partial to Tony A's chicken parm pizza...delish!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Haha, thanks! Oh my word-chicken parm pizza? That sounds amazing!