Thursday, August 27, 2009

A New Kind of Chicken

I can't tell you how happy I am that it's Thursday. With the start of classes this week, work has been insane! Thankfully there's only one more day until the weekend starts! Even though it'll be a busy weekend, especially with a bridal shower and a birthday party in the same day, I'm looking forward to some rest.

So I may or may not have a tiny obsession with chicken. There are so many different ways to prepare it, but I usually stick to the same methods. I saw a marinade at Aldi's (I promise to do a post about that store very soon) and couldn't resist buying it.

My one problem with marinades is that I can't justify spending a few dollars on them if they don't taste good. I'm always leery of the taste. I've found that the descriptions on the bottles usually sound awesome, but the taste is disappointing. When I saw this for $0.99, I knew I had to try it.



I love herbs. I love garlic. Hopefully I'll love the marinade!


I have to admit that this looks like Italian dressing poured over the chicken. My mom used to make chicken that way when I was younger, and I was not a fan. Sorry mom!

I haven't gotten a chance to taste it yet, but tonight's the big night. When the husband opened the bottle, there was an intense garlic smell. I guess I should also serve some mints with dinner. haha.

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite way to make chicken?

I'll eat chicken almost any way, but I love to make chicken parmesan and chicken cutlet. So tasty!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

3 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't eat chicken anymore but I used to love the chicken cutlets my Mom used to make. She would just bread them and fry them. Not the healthiest but so good!

Lele said... Best Blogger Tips

You don't need mints as long as you BOTH eat the garlicky food! That's the beauty of garlic- two garlic eaters cancel each other out :D

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Haha I LOVE that!