Thursday, August 6, 2009

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me

Last week I mentioned that I was on a stay-cation with the husband. We took many day trips to round out the week. One of the most memorable (besides the Billy Joel/Elton John concert) was a trip to Linvilla Orchards. The husband and I typically go there during October to pick out our favorite pumpkin, but we usually stay away during the summer. I can remember participating in a "pick your own" fruit/veggies when I was little, so when the opportunity presented itself, I knew I'd be on board. Thankfully, the husband was too!
The first foods we picked were peppers, zucchini and yellow squash. I couldn't believe how prickly some of the plants were!

The husband picking a green pepper

The zucchini!
After about 15-20 minutes of walking the fields, we decided to hop on a hayride to pick some peaches. It's the husband's favorite fruit, so I knew we hit the jackpot when we saw tons of trees that looked like this.




Of course I had to get a shot of me picking a peach.

All in all, it was a fantastic and fun day. There's something about "pick your own" that's so enjoyable. I love fresh fruits and veggies, and this was a great opportunity to see exactly where they were coming from. I love local farms! If you are looking for something to do and know of a farm where they have "pick your own", you should definitely try it out!


This is what we came home with. Check out the size of those peppers-they are huge!

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week. I've got some new recipes that I'm trying for dinner and lunch next week. I can't wait to share them with you!

Just for good measure, I figured I'd throw in a picture from the Elton John/Billy Joel conert.



Until next time!

~Anne Marie



0 comments: