Friday, August 21, 2009

Made from the Best Stuff on Earth

You may be thinking that I'm talking about Snapple, but in fact, I'm talking about this:



I love almond butter like nobody's business. I could eat an entire jar in two days, no lie. It has a slightly sweeter taste than regular peanut butter and has a less gritty texture. The problem is that I don't find it in supermarkets very much, and when I do, it's $6.00-$7.00 a jar. While I do realize that Trader Joe's carries this amazing goodness for less money, I can't remember if they have the Mara Natha brand or not. Plus, it doesn't make sense for me to go out of my way for one jar of almond butter. Although after tasting it again this weekend for the first time in a long time, I may have to reconsider.

How did I come across this amazing jar this week? Well, let me tell you! I had to make a crazy impromptu stop at Acme this week for some bran muffins. The husband was really craving some, and the three stores I went to all had blueberry and chocolate chip. Really? You're a grocery store!! More options, please!! Me, being the food obsessor that I am, decided that I was going on a mission to find the boy some muffins. I mean seriously, how hard is it to find bran muffins?

I guess I should mention that any time I go to a new supermarket, one of the first aisles I hit is the peanut butter aisle. I'm always searching for the yummy goodness that is almond butter. I was completely surprised when I saw that Acme carried it. Even better? They actually had bran muffins-double score!!

I can't get over how amazing almond butter is, and yet it's hard for me to exactly describe it's taste. It's something that you must try for yourself. Even though this is the creamy version, I prefer the chunky. There's something about chunks of almonds in the nut butter that makes me happy.

I keep telling the husband that we should get a food processor so that I can make my own nut butter, but he hasn't gone for it yet. But hey, a girl can dream, right?

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend! My mom, brother and his girlfriend are coming over to the house for dinner tomorrow. I'm hoping to replicate a peach cake that I saw at a BBQ a few weeks ago. We'll see how that goes!

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite kind of nut butter?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

4 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I've tried almond, cashew, hazelnut, coconut, and sunflower seed butters but peanut is still my favorite!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Peanut butter still holds a special place in my heart. I've tried cashew, but I'm not a fan of it at all!

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

i love Peanut Butter & Co's dark chocolate peanut butter!!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

I ALWAYS look for that flavor when I go to shop rite, but they are always out of it!