Friday, August 28, 2009

It Tastes Better When Someone Else Makes It

Two weeks ago, a member of Weight Watchers brought in some food for everyone to taste. Typically, this is not allowed (yay for corporate rules), so we saved his taste testing for after the meeting.

The member had made eggplant stew with Moroccan curry couscous. Don't get me wrong, I love eggplant parmesan, but eggplant stew? It didn't sound appealing. I decided to taste it anyway, and I was surprised. It was slightly spicy (from the couscous) and was extremely flavorful. I copied down his recipe he found on fatsecret, and put it on my menu plan for this week.

I should have known when I couldn't find the Moroccan curry couscous that I wasn't supposed to make it. But, I decided to go with the flow, and use the plain couscous I had in the house.

When I made the recipe, I noticed how bland it looked. I added a few more spices than the recipe recommended but came up with it looking like this.




Hmm....doesn't look to tasty, but what the heck, I'll try it anyway.
Continuing to boil in the pot.
My entire box of couscous. I love the stuff, but forgot how much it actually makes!
The end result? It was just okay. It was pretty bland despite the fact that I used many more seasonings than the recipe called for. It didn't taste at all like the sample I had a week ago. Why do things always taste better when someone else makes it?
Oh well, at least I can say I tried it!
As for the chicken last night, it was really good! Not too garlicky at all! I will be buying this marinade again, but not for a little while. I have plenty leftover.
Question of the Day:
What do you do when your meal is a dud? Do you eat it anyway or make something new?
I try to suck it up and eat it. I don't like to waste food, but then again, I don't like to eat terrible tasting food either!
Have a great weekend!
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

1 comments:

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips

I usually suck it up too and eat it. It has to have turned out really horrible for me to throw out food!