Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crustless Quiche!

After having an extremely slow summer during work, things have finally picked up. For those of you who didn't know, I work at a college as an administrative assistant for ten professors. It can get pretty crazy pretty fast. Yesterday was Orientation, so needless to say, today I am positively swamped. I definitely needed a break from all of the work to make a blog post though! Updating the blog is the perfect way to destress!

I have wanted to make a quiche ever since I realized how easy they were to throw together. My mom uses Pillsbury Pie Crust, but I was cheap and didn't want to buy one just for this recipe. I decided to make mine crustless, and it came out perfectly!

My quiche consisted of:

4 eggs
5 egg whites
leftover ham, chopped
about a cup or so of frozen veggies, defrosted
1 cup of part skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of fat free milk
Spices!!! I used oregano, basil and garlic powder, but feel free to use whatever you want!

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Layer the ham and veggies on the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate
3. Sprinkle on the cheese
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together; add spices
5. Pour over ham, veggie and cheese mixture
6. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the eggs set
7. Enjoy!



Right out of the oven


Close up

This was a great way for me to use up some eggs and frozen veggies that have been around the kitchen for awhile. Something that I love about this recipe is that the combinations are endless. You could make the quiche with just veggies, throw in some chicken....get creative! It was a simple meal, and one that I will definitely be making again!

Question of the Day:
What is your easiest recipe?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

0 comments: