Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chimichangas!

Can you believe it? Three consecutive blog posts-that HAS to be some kind of record for me. I don't know whether it's because I've been reading other blogs more often or what, but I've felt compelled to blog more.....and I kind of like it. This blog is providing an outlet for me, and it's been nice!

It's time for one of the new recipes I promised to you last week. I have to apologize in advance for the lack of appetizing pictures in this post. I need to get better at taking food pictures a.s.a.p. Ideas, anyone? Trust me though, it was very good!

I tend to be a mess in the kitchen when trying new recipes. It's like I've forgotten where my brain is! When I was making this recipe, I almost forgot to take a picture of it. If you notice, most of the pan is empty in the picture below. Oops!

Without further ado, I present to you Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas. If you follow that link, you will find the recipe and a much tastier-looking picture. I did make some changes. For starters, I can NEVER find reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese. I've looked everywhere with no luck. I ended up using part skim mozzarella cheese. I also didn't add any scallions, but did sneak in some onions.


The refried bean, turkey, onion and salsa mixture


All wrapped up and ready to go into the oven.

All in all, it was a very tasty meal. I topped mine with some fat free sour cream and salsa. It was a little bit spicy, but I'm a huge fan of spicy food, so it didn't bother me at all.

The husband asked if we could have these more often. I'd be a fool to say no!

Question of the day:
What's your favorite go-to recipe?

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

1 comments:

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

derek will love these! i'm definitely going to make it soon (i.e. when we're living in our house!) :)