Friday, July 17, 2009

Zucchini Pasta

In an effort to try new things, I stumbled upon this little creation and was eager to give it a try.

I present to you zucchini pasta. If you don't have a spiralizer (which will give you a more angel hair type of "pasta"), you can use a vegetable peeler or a knife to cut the zucchini. This is the easiest thing to make - peel or cut the zucchini into a bowl and top with your favorite pasta sauce. That's pretty much it. See? I told you it was easy!

I was able to get this much "pasta" out of one medium sized zucchini -



I topped this with some pasta sauce (or as I like to call it "gravy"), and popped it in the microwave for a few minutes. While I loved how it tasted, my only complaint is that I didn't use more zucchini. This didn't hold me over for as long as I expected.

Any fun weekend plans?

I'm hoping to have a relaxing weekend and work on the house a little bit. There is one room that still needs to be painted, and the husband and I are dragging our feet with getting it done. It's been so nice out that neither of us want to spend time inside.

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Until next time~
~Anne Marie




0 comments: