Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Same Old Routine

Can I just say that I am so thankful for the short work week? The first few days back from vacation are difficult, and I always find that the work week seems so much longer!

At least I know I'll have a yummy dinner to go home too.




Buffalo Chicken salad....so delicious!

Lately I feel like I've been in a major food rut. As most of you know, I'm a huge fan of cook once to eat all (work) week. It has been working phenomenally for my hubby and I, but the one downside is that I'm stuck for meal ideas ALL the time! I've been cooking some type of chicken/meatloaf/pasta thing for almost a year now, and I'm getting tired of it! The problem? Those meals are way too simple to make, and so I revert to the easy choices often.

Any suggestions to liven up dinner time? Ideas would be much appreciated!

I cannot believe we are already in the month of July. Where did the time go? For the 4th of July, the hubby and I are headed over to his parents' house for some bbq goodness. I promised to make a peanut butter/pudding parfait, and I can't wait to share the recipe on the blog.

Hope you have a fantastic day!
Until next time!

~Anne Marie

3 comments:

Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't believe it's July either!

Karena said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi! I was blog hopping and saw your comment on Run, Eat, Repeat. Buffalo Chicken Salad sounds delicious right now :)

I hear ya on being bored with weekday dinners. Sometimes I make soup over the weekend (yep, even in the summer!) and freeze everything for a fast weeknight dinner. I'm also into fun, filling salads - lately I've been doing variations on a brown rice taco salad bowl. Really easy to pull together! You could also do a homemade pizza (load as many veggies/greens as you want!) on a Sunday night with leftovers for Monday :)

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

girl, u know i have some recipes!! tuna steak and salmon can be easy to make! :)