Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pizza Casserole

I have been on SUCH a pizza kick lately! Of course, I'm trying to keep pizza as healthy as I can, so I've been dabbling around with different recipes. I had this recipe bookmarked for a long time, but just got around to making it this past week. Result? FANTASTIC!!

Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

1 lb of lean ground beef
1 Pillsbury Pizza Thin Crust Pizza Crust
15 oz tomato sauce (I used almost an entire jar of spaghetti sauce)
1 cup of shredded cheese

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brown ground beef in a pan. Add tomato sauce after meat is cooked and heat through. Unroll pizza crust in a 9x13 pan, and press into bottom and up the edges of the pan. Pour ground beef mixture into pizza crust. Bake for 12 minutes. Pull out of oven and add 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake for 5 for minutes or until cheese is melted.

Cut into 6 slices, serve and enjoy!



This was pretty amazing. If I make it again, I'd definitely add some peppers, onions, or some other vegetables to bulk it up a bit. This tastes much more like pizza than the bubCheck Spellingble up pizza casserole. I consider it a win in my book!

On the ditching the scale front....

It's been wonderful not knowing what my weight is at the present moment. I have found that I am able to make better choices regardless of whether or not I know my weight. I feel much more confident and proud of who I am. I should have adopted this mentality earlier!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

0 comments: