Friday, July 3, 2009

Mom Rocks

Today the husband and I drove to my mom's house for a little visit. We are spending 4th of July at the husband's parents' house, so I thought it would be nice to see my mom today.

My mom has always been supportive of my weight loss/maintenance, but today really took the cake. Whenever I go to a party or gathering at my mom's, she always has food around. She usually has a mix of healthy and unhealthy foods, which, admittedly poses a problem for me. It's hard to stare at the unhealthy foods without having some......or a ton :)

Today felt like a big breakthrough for the both of us. When the husband and I came over, instead of having the unhealthy snacks, mom pulled two containers of Sabra hummus out of the fridge and paired them with whole wheat crackers. I suppose now would be the time to tell you that she isn't a fan of hummus....at all.

I was so grateful that my mom went the extra mile and hooked me up with a healthy, tasty snack. Plus, I even got her to try the red pepper hummus, and she actually liked it! In fact, she sent me home with one of the containers and kept the red pepper hummus "in case she was in the mood" for some later. LOVE IT!

Hope you all enjoy your 4th of July holiday!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

3 comments:

Danielle said... Best Blogger Tips

Your mom sounds like an absolute doll :) hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

omg!!! Adele is awesome!! So happy she's making things easier for u! :)

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

aww thanks ladies!