Friday, July 10, 2009

I Shall Call It Dirt

Happy Friday!

Remember last week when I said I had a peanut butter/pudding parfait recipe to share with you? Well.....I have it for you.

A little background on this dessert - my sister-in-law makes this for almost every family function, and by the time dessert's over, it's almost always gone. When she gave me the recipe, she called in Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait, but after I made it and looked at it, I declared it Dirt. It reminds me of that cool dessert I used to have as a child at picnics, and I fell in love with the the minute I tasted it.

You be the judge.


I made some substitutions to the original recipe, and it still came out great!

Recipe for Dirt (or Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait, if you'd like)

1 box sugar free/fat free instant chocolate pudding
1 box peanut butter oreos (I used a box of the sugar free oreos. They were cheaper, and I had to use up the entire box because they were smaller than the pb stuffed ones)
1/2 jar reduced fat peanut butter
1 container of fat free cool whip
lightly salted peanuts (optional)

Directions:
1. Make pudding as directed on package
2. Mix peanut butter and cool whip in a bowl until well combined
3. Put 1/3 box 0f pb oreos in a bag and crush into crumbs
4. Layer pudding, then pb/cool whip mixture, lightly salted peanuts and crushed oreos until you reach the top
5. Enjoy!

I can't wait until my Monday blog post. I tried something last night that I never in a million years thought I'd eat. Anyone wanna take a guess? I'll give you one hint-it's something that doesn't sound appealing, but has been featured on the blogs of Rose, Angela, Caitlin and Kath (plus countless others, I'm sure!)

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

2 comments:

Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm so curious what you tried! It's not the fro-yo banana, is it?

By the way - that looks like the tastiest dirt ever.

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you!

Nope, but I've been meaning to try that also. I only have a blender though, so I'm not sure if it'll work.

Another hint-think color!