Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Craving the Clean Foods

Last week at this time I was thinking about how I only had to work one more day before my three day weekend. I was so excited for the long weekend, and then SNAP! I close my eyes for a second, and here we are, back at another week of work.

I hope you all enjoyed your 4th of July. Mine was a lot of fun-lots of bbq's, good food and even better people.

Lately, I've been having thoughts of "what if I gain back the 70 pounds that I lost?" This thought floats around in my mind more than I'd like to admit, but over the past weekend, I've had a revelation......my eating habits have changed, and I can tell.

How did I come to realize this? Well, after eating the burgers, apple pie and cheese and crackers, my body craved clean foods. I found myself wanting to eat many salads, fruits and vegetables. My body was telling me that it had enough of the junk, and wanted something more healthy. Five years ago, my body would have craved more chocolate, potato chips and burgers. The best part? When I gave my body what it craved, it felt amazing.

That revelation, in my opinion, was one of the best revelations I could have ever had.

So here's to knowing that some indulgences along the way do not equal 70 pounds gained back.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

2 comments:

Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

I know what you mean! I felt the same way as I started this week - craving all the veggies.

Unfortunately, I have been hungrier this week than usual, and I wonder if it's because I was eating SO much over the weekend? Who knows...

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Interesting! I seems that I was hungrier leading up to the 4th of July-maybe because I knew the over indulging was coming? haha