Monday, June 29, 2009

Back from the Shore!

I'm back from a much needed mini-vacation. I can't believe those 4 days passed by so quickly, but I guess that's what happens when you're away from home.
On the eating front, my mom made a lasagna and chicken parm to have for dinner. The rest of the meals were up to us. I opted for half a bagel and oatmeal for breakfast, and for lunch, I brought down some couscous and bulgar.
I was happy to be prepared for the meals, but the snacking that went on over the last few days was ridiculous! There's something about going away that makes me feel like I can snack as much as I want. I haven't figured out why I do this, but hey, it's a vacation, and I realize that I do not eat that way all the time.
Being away made me remember the times when I had my summers off. I wish I could go back in time and cherish those times more. Sometimes I think it stinks growing up and having responsibilities.
I'll leave you with two of my favorite pictures from the vacation.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
The husband, me and the brother on our first morning at the condo
Driving to Ocean City's boardwalk.
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

0 comments: