Monday, May 4, 2009

Realization and Lunch

After having my weigh in for Weight Watchers this month, and having another gain, I decided that it was time to switch up my routine. Ever since becomming a vegetarian, I have been slowing gaining weight and I am not sure why. If I want to be honest with myself (and I certainly am on that path), it's because I'm not making even receplacements with my food, I've lost track of eating until satisfied and I'm not tracking what I'm eating. I think I've hit a point where I assumed replacing lean ground beef with soy crumbles would equal out to be the same, and they do not. It is a little frustrating considering that when Weight Watchers came out with the Core Plan, I was able to succeed and maintain my weight for over a year. Another thing that's getting my goat? I'm exercising more now than I ever have since beginning Weight Watchers! I'm doing Shred every day and I also go to the gym twice a week. Will I go back to eating meat? I'm not so sure. I know that I feel physically better when my meat is limited, but to me, returing to meat would be an easy way out. The smart solution? Learn the points of the soy products and adjust accordingly. And, if I want meat, eat it. Sounds pretty simple, right?

I've been talking a lot with Gina and she suggested I start tracking my points again. I know she's right, but it's a roadblock I have to get past. Throughout my struggles, frustrations and successes with Weight Watchers, Gina has been an amazing soundboard, friend and advice-giver. I don't know what I'd do without her! Her support means the world to me, and she motivates me to continue to track and be honest with myself on a daily basis. This means being accountable on weekends. (when I seem to lose track the most!)

So, with that off of my chest, here's to a new start!

Today I started journaling my meals, and I almost forgot how much it challenged me to maximize my points.

On Sunday, I made a batch of Couscous and threw a few cans of beans together with red wine vinegar and some canola oil.

The beans in the colander.


Couscous with the beans. (Sorry for the sideways picture-I don't know why blogger is flipping my pictures!)
I leave you with something Gina said that really stuck by me:
"Weight Watchers isn't your life, it's just a tool you use."

Thanks again, Gina!
~Anne Marie






2 comments:

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

glad you're making a fresh start! sometimes we need to do that! you're gonna do great, and u know i'm here to help!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Gina!