Friday, May 1, 2009

The Great Breakfast Cookie

Good morning and happy Friday!

After salivating over the breakfast cookie mentioned in Gina's blog for quite some time, I thought it was time to make one for myself. My one problem? I didn't have any protein powder in the house. Lucky for me, I came across Meghann's version of the breakfast cookie and whipped one up last night.

My version contained:

1/3 cup of oats
1/2 mashed banana
1 tbsp of applesauce
1/2 tsp of peanut butter
sprinkle of cinnamon


Mixing it in the bowl


Spread out nicely on the plate.


Before going into the fridge to harden overnight.

I woke up this morning to this concoction:



The verdict? Yummy but not hard enough. I didn't want to use too much peanut butter in the mix, and since that is what causes the cookie to harden, my assumption is that less peanut butter=softer breakfast cookie. I happily enjoyed it with a spoon and some coffee.

I also noticed that this didn't fill me up as much as my cooked oats do in the morning, so I ended up eating this with soy yogurt from Trader Joe's. I would definitely make this again but next time increase the oats to 1/2 a cup and increase the peanut butter. This could be my answer to summer breakfasts!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Until next time!
~Anne Marie

0 comments: