Monday, April 27, 2009

Guest Post From Gina!

Hi, everyone! I am a long-time friend of Anne Marie’s, and I told her when she has writer’s block, I’d take over! Needless to say, our good friend is struggling with a topic, but she’ll be back soon!

Let me give you a little background on myself. I’m 25 years old and I’ve been struggling with my weight since I was 8 years old. When I was 22 years old and 283 lbs, I decided to do something about it. Took long enough, right? So for the past 3 ½ years, I’ve done the Weight Watchers program (the past 2 years I’ve done it on my own), and I’m very happy to say that this past Saturday I reached a milestone...I finally reached my big goal of losing 100 lbs! I am beyond excited! I’d like to lose another 58 lbs and try to hit 125, but if I only make it to 130 I’ll be extremely happy about that! My wedding is in a year, and I need to be a sexy bride! Lol! :)

Anyway, weight loss and maintaining my weight will be a life-long journey, just like everyone else out there! I’m happy to say I’ve become very serious about it, and even though I like to splurge every now and then, I always get back on track! You can’t live your life depriving yourself of the things (foods) you love!

Anne Marie’s been talking about this 30-Day Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels and how it’s really kicking her butt…I’m following her lead and will be starting it whenever it arrives in the mail! I’ll let you know how I’m making out with it, too!

Oh, and once my fiancé and I are moved into our own place, I’ll be able to post some pictures of recipes I’ve whipped up!As Anne Marie says, until next time! :)

~Gina

0 comments: