Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Hello everyone!

I wanted to give a HUGE thank you to Gina for guest posting yesterday! She has been a friend and inspiration to me for many, many years. We've been talking about her guest posting more frequently on the blog, and I'm so excited for it! Gina is quite the foodie, and I know she has some amazing recipes, food reviews and general information that is priceless.

Over the weekend, my younger brother turned 20!

Here he is with his girlfriend.

Most of my family members don't know that I have a food blog. Since I didn't want to seem like an oddball taking food pictures, the only picture I could really capture was of the cake.

My mom makes the best birthday cakes, and this one was no exception.

Back when I first started Weight Watchers years ago, I made the classic Diet Coke cake for my family. Whenever my birthday rolled around, this was the cake I requested. I remember my family tasting it for the first time-they loved it! Now, this is the only cake that my mom makes for birthdays. It's simple, easy and low fat! For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the recipe:

Ingredients

1 (18 ounce) box dry cake mix (any flavor)
1 can of diet soda (any flavor)
1 egg white (optional) (if you choose not to use it, the cake will be more dense)


Directions
1. Mix the dry cake mix, the diet soda, and the egg white until well blended.
2. Pour into a 9 X 13 sprayed pan or prepared cupcake tins.
3. Cook according to the directions on cake mix box.
4. Remove from oven and let cool 5. Frost with fat free cool whip or frosting

At around 4 points per slice, you can't beat it.

In other news, I started Level 2 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and it's ridiculous! It's a great workout, but I struggle to keep up with her!

I hope you are all enjoying the weather. It's 89 degrees, sunny and beautiful in Philly!

Until next time!

~Anne Marie


2 comments:

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww, thank you, Anne Marie!! *mwah*

And who cares if you're the oddball! Take the pics! We love them!

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

You're welcome-thank YOU!