Monday, March 30, 2009

A Weekend Recap

So how did I make out with my quest for being a vegetarian over the weekend away? I would have to say so-so. Eating as a vegetarian really isn't much different, and it's not something that I had to consistently think about over the weekend....until Saturday night. Most of our meals were buffet style, leaving the picking and choosing up to us, the retreat goers. I walked past the trays of bacon and sausage and headed for the fruits and bagels. When lunch rolled around, I made myself a cheese sandwich loaded with veggies. Saturday night dinner, however, was sit down with no choice of entree. The only thing they served was chicken....and I ate it. I kind of feel bad about it, but I wasn't sure what else to do in a situation like this. Suggestions anyone?

I made a vow to myself that even though the husband and I have leftovers in the freezer to eat this week (two of them being meat related), I'm going to let him take care of eating them and eat something different. I'm excited and anxious to get this week started.

I'll be sure to get some pictures up, and I apologize for the lack of pictures in the last two posts-I'm coming off a retreat weekend and still a little tired!

Until next time!

~Anne Marie

2 comments:

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips

were u able to get a 2nd helping of veggies or the starch they gave u?

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

You know what? I didn't think to ask. I'm assuming not though, because even asking for water when they served only iced tea was a bit of an issues.