Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Morning Musings

I woke up this morning to the husband making breakfast. Ever since Lent started, he's been taking over the breakfast making responsibility, and I am so thankful for it! I tend to be a plain Jane when it comes to my morning eats. I LOVE my mashed banana oatmeal with a sprinkle of Splenda and a lot of cinnamon. Can't leave out the Fiber One cereal (that ends up as a topping for the oatmeal), my morning coffee and some vitamins. This is my standard breakfast almost year-round.



I'm going to have to think of a filling breakfast for the summertime. Don't get me wrong, oatmeal is always my first choice, but sometimes the combination of oatmeal and coffee is too hot for the summer! What comes to mind is some yogurt and fresh fruit.....now THAT sounds yummy!

When I explained the food blog to the husband, he initially thought I was a little strange. He didn't get the fact that I would want to blog about food. I think he has come around! Yesterday I came home to tell him that I uploaded the video of him trying my brownies and he was so excited to be "on the Internet." Then this morning after I finished taking a picture of my breakfast, he asked if I could take a picture of his breakfast too. He cracks me up, sometimes!

Here's the husband with his delicious eats:



His breakfast consisted of bran flakes cereal, orange juice, a Fiber One bar, bran muffin, and cottage cheese with graham crackers and half a banana mixed in. He sure is an eater!
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

0 comments: