Monday, March 23, 2009

Homemade Pizza

I am an absolute fiend for pizza, especially if I make it myself. I am a huge fan of Pillsbury's pizza dough and have been toying with the idea of making my own dough from scratch. It's taken me some time to muster up the "courage" to make homemade dough for a variety of reasons:
1. Pillsbury's pizza dough is so convenient
2. Making dough is time consuming
3. I'll be frustrated if it doesn't turn out.
I decided to throw caution to the wind and try making my own dough. I found a ridiculously easy recipe from Maggie (http://www.thesaladgirl.com/2009/02/02/easy-peasy-pizza-dough/), bought some whole wheat flour and yeast and gave the recipe a whirl. The results? FANTASTIC pizza. I don't think I'll ever be buying the prepackaged stuff again. The only substitutions I made from the original recipe was using two tablespoons of sugar instead of honey. The husband has requested that this be incorporated into our weekend meals more often!


The dough before rising
after rising
getting ready to go into the oven
cheesy amazingness
Until next time!
~Anne Marie

4 comments:

Ziho said... Best Blogger Tips

yummy yummy, it looks so delicious!

I make my own pizza dough and it's very easy and more delicious jajajaja

You can enjoy that all was made by yourself!!! that's a great reward! jejeje

justine said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Anne Marie, Thanks so much for the leftovers link! I cant wait to try it out! Your pizza looks fab! I love homemade crust!

~Justine

Anne Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you!

Ziho-you're right-eating the pizza that i make was an awesome reward!

Justine-you're welcome! I hope it helps!

Maggie said... Best Blogger Tips

thanks for trying my recipe! I love this one - so simple :)